10th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyposis
International Research Paper Contest
RULES AND REGULATIONS
A. GENERAL RULES
- This contest aims to stimulate the Resident Physicians and Consultants of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery to write Scientific Papers in the fields of Rhinology, Rhinoplasty, and Sleep Medicine.
- The contest is open to all Resident Physicians and Consultants of Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery from all over the world.
- There is NO LIMIT as to the number of papers each Resident/Consultant Physician may submit.
- The research must have been made in the past three years.
- Papers submitted must not have won any prize in any National or International Scientific Paper Contest nor been published/accepted for publication/submitted for publication anywhere else. Papers that were presented, either oral or poster, but otherwise not published/accepted for publication/submitted for publication are eligible.
- The winners shall receive certificates and cash prizes as follows:
- 1st Prize USD 1,000
- 2nd Prize USD 500
- 3rd Prize USD 250
- Papers shall be pre-screened and qualifying papers shall be presented during the 10th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyposis to be held in Manila on Nov. 29 to Dec. 1, 2017.
- The International Research Contest shall not push through if there are less than 8 official entries. To be considered official, the author/representative must duly register and pay for the convention, and comply with the submission requirements of the manuscript.
- These rules and regulations may be modified from time to time upon the approval of the Research Committee.
- All papers automatically become the property of The Philippine Academy of Rhinology and may not be published elsewhere without approval of the Committee. Winning papers shall be submitted to the Philippine Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (PJOHNS).
- Non-winning papers may still be considered for publication pending the approval of the editor of PJOHNS.
- Follow Instructions to Authors found at http://journal.pso-hns.org/instructions-to-authors. Disregard instructions 1, 4, and 5; only instructions 2 and 3 apply.
- The papers must be submitted to the Research Committee Chair on or before AUGUST 30, 2017 by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The final five (5) papers shall be chosen by the screening committee. The finalist papers shall be sent to the appointed Board of Judges. The Criteria for pre-judging are:
|Significance or relevance of the research||20%|
|Research discussion, style, approach||20%|
- Papers not chosen for the International Research Contest shall automatically be presented in the Free Paper Session.
- Announcement of the finalists shall be on September 25, 2017.
- Actual Scientific Research Paper Presentation is tentatively set on November 30, 2017. The research paper presentation will comprise 30% of the final score. The criteria for the actual paper presentation are:
|Knowledge of the presentation||15%|
|Manner of presentation||5%|
- In case the author will not be available during the actual presentation, the co-author can represent and do the presentation.
- Presentation is eight (8) minutes. Each of the judges may ask two (2) questions each. The decision of the judges is FINAL.
C. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE GUIDELINES WILL MERIT AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.